PDNSD is the solution for caching DNS, and easy way .
Very handy if you shut down your computer often or using dial-up to haven't to wait for dns resolve when you connect on the net.
Features:
# permanent disk cache (useful for frequent power-offs/reboots)
# usually smaller memory footprint (depends on cache size)
# offline-detection prevents hangs up
# better control about timeouts (also to prevent hangs)
# better control over the cache
# better run-time control
PDNS documentation
apt-get install pdnsd you get v1.1.11par-1 on the site the last version (pdnsd-1.2.1-par) but you 'll have to compile the source.
----------------------------------------
I've got a problem with download torrents and using Firefox for www, Azureus has proper limits and I left 10KB/s for my browsing
or radio on the net.
The problem is that Firefox don't respect the Azureus Bandwidth, for example if I Go a site flash loaded my torrent speed decay....
Searching on google, freshmeat and the dear knoppix forum The answers I found were very mid-level on linux, and for me the rookie,
read about ip tables, pools, and other things
were very difficult to applicate only for one app (firefox).
But I found trickle which is easy, quick and direct...and better it works!!!![]()
I tested downloading a file (14MB) and only use the 10KB/s I put as limit ... my torrents are safe![]()
Trickle site The bonus! no compilation apt-get install tricke

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
Vacloong Vacuum-Sealed 3D Printing Filament Kit, 20 Packs PUMP+20P, White
$18.99
Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99
Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67