-
Junior Member
registered user
Some requests/enhancements to Knoppix for use on a laptop
Hello,
I recently got the 3.8 Version of Knoppix, it is great!
..but (you knew this part was coming, right?)
1) It seems that the firmware for my Intel ipw2100 is out of date on the CD. The kernel driver expects version 1.3, knoppix ships with 1.2
(I remastered Knoppix to fix this, but I thought I should at least mention it somewhere so that it can be fixed in an upcoming version of Knoppix)
2) Knoppix doesn't use any CPU frequency scaling by default, this shortens my battery life significantly.
I fixed this by adding this to my knoppix.sh:
Code:
cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep 'Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor' && (modprobe speedstep-centrino; modprobe cpufreq_ondemand; echo 'ondemand' > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor)
3) Knoppix doesn't support my laptop's native resolution of 1280x800 (I know, it is a weird reolution, it's a "Wide screen" laptop)
I am exprimenting with adding this modeline:
Modeline "1280x800" 83.91 1280 1312 1624 1656 800 816 824 841
4) It allso doesn't recognize the Geforce 5200 GO as a NVidia card either, I will post the output of lspci -v later (can't right now, I'm (supposed to be) working)
Well, that was all, I hope this gets picked up by someone, it would make Knoppix more useable on my laptop (without me having to do all the remastering)
Similar Threads
-
By alek6cu in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-08-2007, 08:20 PM
-
By alek6cu in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2007, 04:32 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-15-2005, 05:47 PM
-
By wernst in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 05-09-2004, 02:29 AM
-
By sanjay in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-01-2003, 11:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99