Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Floppy Drive problem! eek!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7

    Floppy Drive problem! eek!

    Hey,

    When I click my Floppy Disc icon on the KDE, it says it's blank, even when there is something on it. When I put another floppy in instead, it still says it's empty when it's not. I can create a new folder inside the floppy via kde, but I can't delete it, and it disappears when I exit the floppy window and open it again. I have ALL permissions on it.

    Thanks,

    Thunda 'Awesome' One

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3
    i had the same problem.. now its saying the file or folder file:/mnt/floppy does not exist thou.. despite being plugged in and working @ bootup level

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7
    Yea. If it says it's there, it's contents are in the cache I think. When it finally realizes it's given you outdated info, it then says that there is no floppy. soooo confusing!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2006, 06:29 PM
  2. im having a problem getting my floppy drive to work
    By Ghetto2k4 in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-12-2004, 02:00 AM
  3. Floppy drive problem
    By benw in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 05:19 PM
  4. floppy and cd drive
    By stickycricket88 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 08:01 PM
  5. floppy drive
    By icu in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 02:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$119.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC E2052-AA  AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap picture

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap

$749.99



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL picture

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL

$169.00



DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage picture

DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage

$79.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00