-
Knoppix won't Boot
I have an old Pentium 2 MMX machine with 512mb ram (only 256mb are seen by the mobo/bios) and I cannot get Knoppix to boot at all. The bios is set to start from CD Rom, and it does, It shows the Knoppix screen, with all of the options (F1, F2, F3, etc). However, after I say start to boot, it just shows a black screen and soon after that, the CD stops spinning. I have tried to boot every thing from 3.3 to 3.8 and nothing would boot. Also, I get this same thing with any other distro that I have tried. The only thing that really works well is Win98. I also put a HD which had an HD install of Knoppix 3.3, and the computer found Lilo, and started booting, but then the same thing happened, black, blank screen.
Is there anyway to get that working? If you need more info, please ask for it, because I am really pissed that it doesn't work, because that PC was meant to be my Linux box.
+Cypress
Similar Threads
-
By Chris2222 in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-24-2008, 06:44 PM
-
By destro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2007, 11:08 PM
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By ebone in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00

DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$79.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00