I managed to get my wireless lan card in Dell Latitude D800 using DriverLoader from Linuxant. What I would like to know is how DriverLoader differs from ndiswrapper (which I couldn't get working).
When attempting ndiswrapper I entered the driver bcmwl5.inf and ndiswrapper returned the error "The selected driver file is no *.inf file or the *.inf file is invalid. Exiting." I used the same driver for Driverloader and it worked without error.
After reading the forums a bit, someone suggested using the driver bcmwl5a.inf. I downloaded this and bcmwl5.sys. When I enter this driver into ndiswrapper, I get the error "The ndiswrapper has been loaded but there is no new device. Perhaps NDisWrapper is not working with your driver file."
How does DriverLoader work? Is it doing something different from ndiswrapper?

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00
CWVK X86-P2 Fanless Firewall Mini PC J4125 16GB RAM Dual Intel i226-V 2.5GbE
$184.99
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$299.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
Dell SonicWall TZ400 Network Security Appliance Firewall New
$185.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 48 Core Unlimited User CALs CoA Authentic.
$266.00
NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00