It's possible, but it'll be far easier just to reinstall to the new drive and then copy over your old /home.
That'll preserve most of your settings.
You might even like to install a newer version while you're at it, or Kanopix...........![]()
I just bought a new harddrive and now I want to move my linux install from my old drive over to a much larger partition on my new drive. I don't mind reinstalling, but i'd like to avoid it if possible. I searched the forums, but they only told me how to move my home directory. I want to move my entire install over. Is it possible to do this? If not, can I save all my settings so I can use them again?
It's possible, but it'll be far easier just to reinstall to the new drive and then copy over your old /home.
That'll preserve most of your settings.
You might even like to install a newer version while you're at it, or Kanopix...........![]()
There is a program designed to do this and I've sucessfully used it too.
Go here: http://mkcdrec.ota.be/project/
Disk cloning is a feature of mkcdrec Try it you'll like it.

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module
$66.31
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50