Hi
Does anybody habe an idea on how to create SSH enabled users at boot. I have a system where i boot Feather Linux (Knoppix remaster) from a USB stick, and I would like to add a user doing boot, so when the system is booted I can access it from a SSH client. I would prefer not to include the users in a remaster since it is not as dynamic as adding users from the knoppix.sh script.
I have tried to use the useradd and passwd functions, but the passwd function needs a input from the keyboard so I can not use it doing boot. Further I have tried to generate a shadow and passwd file with the passwords and users created, and then replacing the shadow and passwd files created doing boot with the ones with passwords and it works, but when I try to do it in the knoppix.sh script the file will be overridden with the default files after the knoppix.sh script has been executed.
Does anybody have a clue on a solution to this problem?
Regards
Thorbjørn

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC
$750.00
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
$289.99
ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T/BCM Server Motherboard For Parts/Repair
$365.00
POGO ATLAS 1102 Server 32 Gb RAM 4TB Storage 2x2TB HDD’s (Tested-Working) No OS
$179.85
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
Micron 32GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA ECC Server RAM Memory RDIMM MTA18ASF4G72PDZ
$249.97
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$200.00
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99