-
Junior Member
registered user
WG111 usb wi-fi configuration in Knoppix 3.6
I'm having a devil of a time getting my wireless usb adapter working with Knoppix 3.6. Anyone want to help?
I read over Grant's sticky post and got nowhere.
I'm using the CDROM supplied .sys and .inf files.
ndiswrapper -i /etc/netgear/netwg111.inf
returns Installing netwg111.
ndiswrapper -l returns "Installed ndis drivers: netwg111", thus I assume this worked.
modprobe ndiswrapper returns no response (which I guess is expected)
Modprobe -l shows wlan.ko, ndiswrapper.ko, usbnet.ko, usbcore.ko, among others. Don't know what is or is not important here.
iwconfig wlan0 essid any
returns "Error for wireless request "Set ESSID" (8B1A). Set failed on device wlan0; no such device."
I assumed I'm hosed at this point.
iwconfig wlan0 channel 11
returns same error.
ifconfig wlan0 up
returns no such device. ifconfig returns data for eth0 and l0, but nothing resembling a wireless connection.
What am I doing wrong?
I'm not the smartest tool in the linux shed. I've done a little unix work and have (years ago) installed linux from floppies w/o networking.
Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By finferflu in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-29-2005, 10:11 PM
-
By bobeltomate in forum Networking
Replies: 9
Last Post: 09-05-2005, 11:34 PM
-
By Phishman in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-18-2005, 02:59 PM
-
By rickymoney in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-02-2004, 08:57 PM
-
By abeyve in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 06:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

CISCO CVR-X2-SFP10G X2 to SFP+ 10GB 74-6321-03 Converter Module *Lot of 14”
$115.19

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC
$27.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99