I installed knoppix as a full debian system using the knoppix installer, and after hours of searching this site fond the pivot root install( thank you tinker your the best!![]()
)
it works great and I'm happy (except apt-get dosn't work because file are missing on the site, most cmg's from kilk don't work like k3d, etc)
I have a great big book on fedora 1 and red-hat and I would like to see if there is something similar I can do to boot them like in the pivot_root method.
I have a external usb smartdisk fire light harddrive and the computer is a pentium 3 ibm thinkpad t21 (even though it is old it the most reliable thing ever. windows only crashed once and that was because I had it on for about 60hours.)
please answer if you can help me, thanks![]()
Evil one :[/url]

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00
Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00