-
Junior Member
registered user
Booting from an external USB CD
Here's the setup.
Presario 2100. The internal CDrom is present but DOA. XP resides on the complete HD. (single Partition)
I have an external USB CD drive and both knoppix 3.7 and 3.8.
I can get the base KNOPPIX: prompt if I set the bios (just updated) as follows:
Legacy USB Spport: ON
Boot Order: CDROM, Removable Device, HD, etc
what occurs:
I enter whatever cheatcodes I am tryuing at a given moment.
The screen shows that the .gz files are expanding.
screen blanks and refreshes with white text warning that a particular bridge is experiemental
loong pause during which the USB CD goes to sleep
USB scan starts.
SOme text appears too quickly for me to read
then it says "KNoppix file system not found." and I am left with a prompt and a couple comands that I really dont understand
I have tried just about every cheat code that seems relevant from the cheatcodes.txt. toram, fromhd=/dev/uba1 (or cda1?) bootfrom=/dev/uba1
I am downloading a new iso to try sticking it on the hd as a raw.iso file and trying to boot from it.
any other suggestions?
-
Junior Member
registered user
ah HA!
If I use 3.7 and boot with bootfrom=/dev/scd0 it is successful.
If I use 3.8 or *even* 3.7 with the knoppix26 cheatcode it tells me to piss up a rope.
So apparently I need to either:
figure out how that bootfrom is replicated in the 2.6 kernel OR just use the 2.4 kernel in knoppix 3.7
Similar Threads
-
By cheeney in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-11-2007, 04:59 PM
-
By MrGreen in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-17-2005, 08:08 PM
-
By mbl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-21-2004, 03:17 PM
-
By orgler in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-28-2004, 06:52 PM
-
By c123 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 11:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00