Oops, I forgot, in part [1] of my post, after running ADSL wizard, run
$ ifconfig
note your IP address from the section on ppp0
for example, if it is 1.2.3.4
$ su
# ifconfig eth0 1.2.3.4
# killall pppd
run ADSL wizard
done
![]()
![]()
Author is just hostmaster then an at symbol like this @ then video2video.com
[1] When I boot Knoppix 3.6, ifconfig wrongly assumes my NIC / and dsl interface is "lo" so I have to
$ su
# ifconfig lo down
(since my 3COM NIC card is eth0 not lo)
then I run in the GUI....... Start > KNOPPIX > Network > Network card configuration
then later on
$ killall pppd
then run the GUI ADSL wizard.
This info may be helpful to some of you!! It is a workaround
[2] When I Ctrl-Alt-F1 and change to that vtty and run
$ ps auxww
I see a process called
[kapmd]
Why is it in brackets? Is it possible to kill this process? why is there no manpage for kapmd????????
Help please I'll pay or Paypal you $3US immediately. Thanks for listening.
-Peter
Oops, I forgot, in part [1] of my post, after running ADSL wizard, run
$ ifconfig
note your IP address from the section on ppp0
for example, if it is 1.2.3.4
$ su
# ifconfig eth0 1.2.3.4
# killall pppd
run ADSL wizard
done
![]()
![]()
what do you see whan you do a ifconfig (without your workaround)?
lo should always be present. without it several aplications may become erratic in their behaivior, one is the printing setup.
as to apmd it is advanced powermanagment daemon iirc, that is the thing that turns fans on and of and turns of your computer without you having to hit the powerbutton, if you remove that these functions might get lost (acpid has same function but some computers do not support it)

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00