Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Life CD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3

    Life CD

    Can I save settings on a local partition when using Live CD and Knoppix ?

    In a way boot from the CD but also start up with my profile and setting lacated on a linux partition or Linux swap partion ?

    I have Knoppix running now from my CD and very impressed with it and all the option that come with it on the 3.6 cd.

    But if I download my mail for instance, this would al end up in a temp file I would image.

    Is there some way to mount a bit of harddisk to save files on my pc or would this require a HD install of Knoppix ?

    greets, Pierre

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    260
    You want to set up a persistant home directory that saves your settings.
    Read this thread: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...ght=persistant

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3
    Thx for the reply, I had already accidentally stumbled upon this option and the save confic under the knoppix configure menu...

    Thinking it would be real tricky yo set up, I thought I'd ask the forum...

    However what has been inpossible for me to find is how to get access to the root, I dont know how to set my password for admin toget full rights.

    Your assistance would be a big help

    And loving this OS, not requiring a full install just runs of the cd, leaving my fragile windows pc fully intact only requiring to add one small linux partition to save my config on, great concept!!

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    57
    check out here:
    http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Using_FA...ot_password.3F
    and you have a full rights from root shell

    Nikolay

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3
    Thx nikolay,

    Now I have to figure out how to set up my other pc as server. Also how to setup a network.. That will be keeping me busy for a bit I should think... Any suggestions are welcome offcourse.

    Greets, Pierre

Similar Threads

  1. How do you install half life?
    By jetman36 in forum Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-05-2006, 04:47 AM
  2. Half Life 2...
    By chris-harry in forum Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 11:01 AM
  3. I have a sad life...
    By champagnemojo in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-03-2004, 10:37 PM
  4. Knoppix saved my life
    By knoppix_lover in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 12:55 PM
  5. Half Life On Knoppix
    By mharazin78 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2004, 05:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New picture

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New

$200.00



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module picture

For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module

$66.31



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99