Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Networkcard AMD 79c970

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2

    Networkcard AMD 79c970

    Hi!
    I've got a problem with this network card. It's a FXable card with an additional TX-RJ45 plug on it.
    When I boot with Knoppix 3.7 everything works fine and the card comes up with the FXmode I wanted.
    In the new version 3.8c't CeBit Edition the FXmode switches off in the boot process and I only end up with the TXmode.
    Is there any config file wich I can modify like FXMode=ON?
    I'm rather confused ... by the way, the same behaviour you can see in SuSE 9.2.

    Finally here's a short printout from lspci:

    Code:
    0000:03:03.0 Ethernet controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] 79c970 [PCnet32 LANCE] (rev 54)
            Subsystem: Allied Telesyn International: Unknown device 2704
            Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 24
            I/O ports at a800 [size=32]
            Memory at fe8ff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
            Expansion ROM at fe600000 [disabled] [size=2M]
            Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2

    Thank you in advance
    Eric

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21
    Did you solve your problem? I am having the same one with I think the same card.

    Thanks

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2
    No. Unfortunally not.
    I now use other network cards.
    In SuSE 9.3 the problem consists.

    Sorry for the bas news.

Similar Threads

  1. how to configure WLAN networkcard on Knopix
    By phunkyvibez in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2004, 01:18 PM
  2. Networkcard not detected
    By dutch noob in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2004, 12:54 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2003, 05:31 PM
  4. no detection of Networkcard!!! after HD install
    By Rgosen in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-21-2003, 07:17 PM
  5. how do I configure my networkcard?
    By elrak in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-10-2003, 05:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR

$47.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver picture

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver

$4.99



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99