-
Senior Member
registered user
ve a similar problem with a Dell Optiplex GX270 (PIV, 770MB ram, 40GB hdd,etc). I've tried knoppix nosmp to get rid of the "only one processor found" error.
However, I get invalid mode number passed right after the boot screen and the sound card is not recognized at all. The video xmodule is recognized as i810. In any case, I get no sound and only 640x480.
Has anyone fixed anything like this before? I'd really appreciate some help on this! I've tried all kinds of cheats and nothing but nosmb did anything for me!
I tried "knoppix nosmp alsa" and it tried to configure alsa and I get no error message when playing *.oggs with XMMS anymore, but I don't hear anything....
TIA,
Similar Threads
-
By god in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 02-02-2008, 04:33 AM
-
By boge in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-02-2004, 11:33 PM
-
By brainstorm in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-08-2004, 06:49 AM
-
By mheight in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 12:54 PM
-
By ndori in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 01:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s
$135.65