Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 1280x1024 screen problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7

    1280x1024 screen problem

    I used cheatcode screen=1280x1024 in Knoppix 3.7, 3.8, and 3.8.1 but it only sets max resolution at 1152x864 in the control panel.
    How do I get it to work correctly?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    74
    I wish I know the answer, it seems that many people have similar problem with Xfree86, my Philips 15" LCD is capable of 1024x768, but I can only get 800x600, also the same problem on a Sony LCD, but some other made worked fine.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    67

    Screen resolution

    I had the same problem with a Dell Optiplex until I went into the BIOS and set the video memory to 8Mb. Is there a way to set the colors to 64 bit with knoppix? I tried the cheatcode depth=64 but it didn't seem to make a difference.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    264
    methinx the cheat code will apply to the tty screens.
    the desktop is still controlled by KDS and you need to
    su kxconfig
    to make sure the detected hardware is what you need it to be.
    my i815 is only detected as generic 810

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    74
    O boy you are God sent what a relief !!! most people struggling with the XF86Config but forgot about the kxconfig. I finally got it right, I see that kxconfig will modify the XF86 config file, and by setting the default depth to 24 or more the screen looks great. But I am still wondering why my display card and LCD was detected properly during boot up, but it won't install and force to use standard VGA that's causes the problem.

Similar Threads

  1. screen=1280x1024
    By testermoni in forum German Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 03:24 PM
  2. Dell LCD resolution problems - screen=1280x1024 drops to 800
    By cvevans in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-16-2006, 05:13 PM
  3. Cheatcode: screen=1280x1024 doesn't work
    By el_manaba in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-17-2004, 10:46 PM
  4. screen=1280x1024 code doesn't work?
    By furryfren in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 12:20 PM
  5. remastering: how to boot in screen=1280x1024 automaticaly
    By compuhelp in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2004, 03:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03 picture

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03

$15.00



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver

$30.00