I had the same with my Ambit USB cable modem.
I tried in a root console:
usbview
modprobe usbnet
netcardconfig
(start browser)
to set it up manually. But I do not know how to set up this during start-up.
Maybe you can give me a hint ?
Installing on:
Compaq Presario 1200
with 96Mb RAM,
475Mhz AMD-K6/2,
6Gb Toshiba HD,
one USB 1.1 port,
PS/2 Mouse,
Synaptics touchpad,
one 3.5 Floppy,
and one PCMCIA port.
The ethernet card is a connected to the USB port and is model USB200M from Linksys ( http://www.linksys.com/products/prod...id=30&prid=497 )
Under Knoppix 3.7 the PS/2 mouse works and the USB Ethernet card works fine as well. In fact, 3.7 generally works pretty muchut of the box" with little tweaking at all.
Under 3.8.1, the mouse does not work (as mentioned in another thread).
I've found that the USB port is found, but during the boot process, the ethernet card gets shut down, and when it's up and running, I run the network card setup in Knoppix 3.8.1 it says that no compatible hardware is found.
Will post lspci -v output if it will be helpful.
I had the same with my Ambit USB cable modem.
I tried in a root console:
usbview
modprobe usbnet
netcardconfig
(start browser)
to set it up manually. But I do not know how to set up this during start-up.
Maybe you can give me a hint ?
I wish I did, but I'm fairly new at this whole thing. Have you tried posting a new thread here with the request?Originally Posted by robibob
glink

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC
$750.00
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
$289.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro Super Server 1029U-TN10RT Dual Xeon Silver 4210 - 10-Bay NVMe Rack
$500.00
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$200.00
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00
POGO ATLAS 1102 Server 32 Gb RAM 4TB Storage 2x2TB HDD’s (Tested-Working) No OS
$179.85