-
New to Linux
Hi.
I have never used Linux before (or UNIX for that matter) and seeing as everyone keeps talking about it I thought I might give it a go. Plus a lot of the jobs I am going after require people who can use Linux without any problem.
I liked the idea of Knoppix as it boots and runs off a CD.
I have heard Linux has a very big learning curve and is not as "simple" as Windows. Are there any books or sites to help me get started? As I have no idea what a shell is or how to execute/install files in Linux (been told its not just click and run and you have to mess around with something called a shell).
My background is in computing I have a degree in Computer Science but all I learnt over there was programming in Java, VB, C#, ASP and .NET (wish I had taken those Linux modules now
).
Similar Threads
-
By blokk.m in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-01-2009, 03:17 AM
-
By skitzojase in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-06-2006, 07:56 AM
-
By Jakykong in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-14-2005, 08:36 AM
-
By istoleapig in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-19-2005, 09:28 AM
-
By Lame_Duck in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

MHD Wireless OBDII "Universal" Wifi Flash Adapter V2 Brand New
$120.00

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW
$22.00

512GB Flash Drive for iPhone iPad Photo Backup External Memory Red
$22.49