-
CD-ROM drives won't work after HDD install
I ran the Knoppix Live CD just fine, and it worked good with the "tohd" and "fromhd" cheat codes. I like it so well, that I did a full install to the hard drive using the install option from the menu when Knoppix was loaded from the CD. However, after the HDD installation was complete, my internal CD-ROM and my external USB CD-ROM drives stopped being detected. Any ideas? My other USB devices seem to be working.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Odd that an internal CD Rom should cease work. How do you know it has?
-
for example, if I put the Knoppix CD in the internal drive, then go to /mnt/auto/cdrom to view its contents, I can't see anything.
-
Senior Member
registered user
What happens if you just click on the icon?
What is the /etc/fstab
(do
gvim /etc/fstab and copy and paste the line over)
entry for the CDrom?
-
That was the other weird thing. After the full install, I no longer had desktop icons for cd-rom drives or the hdd. I'll have to look at the /fstab. Don't know what it says yet.
-
Thanks for the help, but I think my problem was my ignorance.
Similar Threads
-
By lovetide in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-09-2006, 02:42 AM
-
By pbock in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-20-2005, 06:24 PM
-
By oracle in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-05-2004, 06:44 AM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 15
Last Post: 08-05-2004, 07:33 AM
-
By IamPi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-23-2003, 10:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00