Have tried to create an iso several times but I get a bad superblock message when I transfer it to a tohd install and try to boot it. My partitions are 40GB(hda1) fat32, 20GB linux ext2(hda5) (or sometimes ext3), 10MB fat32(hda6), 8MB ext 2/3(hda7), the rest is swap(hda.
I install knoppix on hda5, persistent home and myconfig on hda1,folder for the destination folder for the remastered iso on hda6 and a tohd install on hda7.
The Knoppix file I create is quite big (770 MB), but I want to check it works before I decide what is going to be sacrificedf (mysql client server, jdk5 with netbeans - a huge 260GB, php5,tomcat5,planner, apache2 etc). I used Knoppix 3.7 because the disk will be for students and since I often have trouble getting 3.8 to work I want to keep it simple.

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95
Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99
640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00
Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99
1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99
Intel 4004IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair
$57.49
S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95
CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99
ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00