Hi,
I just got a bunch of mac powerpc g3s. Does knoppix work with them? If not, can you point me to a favor of linux that works with macs. I would perfer bootable linux like knoppix for the macs.
Thanks,
Charles Li
Hi,
I just got a bunch of mac powerpc g3s. Does knoppix work with them? If not, can you point me to a favor of linux that works with macs. I would perfer bootable linux like knoppix for the macs.
Thanks,
Charles Li
Hi Charles,
If you have Old World (beige) g3s there doesn't seem to be a live linux cd for them. I just installed Debian woody on a g3 using the network as the source for the distribution. You can learn more here: http://www.debian.org/releases/stabl...#s-base-images
There are other linux distros for macs, Yellowdog and Slackintosh among others. If you have a newer, colored ppc you might try ubuntu.
There's a lenghty thread on the forums: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...ermac&start=40
Good luck.
you can try a search for knoppix-mib-ppc. I got it to run on G3 dual USB iBook about a year ago.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00