Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix is great!! Q's on Apache

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Wadsworth, OH
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix is great!! Q's on Apache

    Downloaded Knoppix 3.7 and love it! Long time RedHat and Fedora user, but Knoppix is great for some in-house projects we want to dig into! Kudos! FYI, I tried running on Dell Inspiron 8200 and 5000, and both work great!

    For testing some DMZ's I have, I want to setup a temp website. I saw it has apache (good!) but want to configure the httpd.conf to point to a usb key which has some .html files. Of course, the boot cd won't allow me to save to the cd, so I tried to save the httpd.conf to sda1 (USB key), and no workie. Says it cannot save or not enough space.

    How can I configure the httpd and other apache setttings with knoppix, and plan on saving those (to a usb key)?

    I know I can save my knoppix config (desktop, network settings, XF86Config, yaddayadda...) to the usb and I've done so successfully...

  2. #2
    If you want to save your configuration, I would really recommend a hard drive install.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Wadsworth, OH
    Posts
    2
    Sure, but I can do that with any Linux variant...and I'd stick with my Fedora if that was the case.

    Cool thing about Knoppix is... I'd like to just use a laptop or Desktop without access to a HDD, and for temporary or testing purposes, use a Knoppix cd for easy setup of mock or test DMZ.

    Or I can do it the old fashon way, Clone a desktop, install Fedora, test, then re-Clone back original. Just trying to cut down time.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix rocks and you guys are great!
    By knoppixrox in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2004, 01:58 PM
  2. knoppix 3.4 ---> great job
    By sharlila in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2004, 12:17 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-13-2004, 04:51 AM
  4. Great Knoppix article @ IBM developerworks
    By monkymind in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 08:41 AM
  5. Knoppix is great!
    By paulnasca in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-23-2003, 10:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC picture

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC

$69.99



S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco picture

S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco

$89.99



Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair

$69.99



Intel 4004IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair picture

Intel 4004IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair

$50.99



Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board) picture

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)

$40.00



BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880

$7.00



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00