-
Boot floppy on 3.8.1
I cant find the batch file for producing the boot floppy disk on 3.8.1 CD (it used to be in knoppix dir when opened in Windows). Is there a workaround? How can I boot konoppix 3.8.1 from a floppy?
I tried the mkbootfloppy.sh but it complained I dont have the knoppix CD in the drive (!) which I did have.
Can someone please help me to create a 3.8.1 boot floppy?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Use the free software product Smart Boot Manager. The Linux kernel no longer fits on a single floppy. SBM makes one floopy that can boot any bootable CD on a computer where the BIOS doesn't support boot of CD dricves directly. You can also elect to install it to the hard drive MBR if you wish, and that way you don't need to use a floppy at all and you can still boot from the HD or the CD.. Search for it with Google, it's an easy find.
You might also want to look at XOSL. I think it's much nicer and more powerful, but it does have to be installed to hard disk, you can not make a boot floppy with it.
Similar Threads
-
By niceguy167 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 05:06 AM
-
By proto in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 11:29 PM
-
By Ozzay in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-25-2004, 03:26 AM
-
By Prieni in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-05-2003, 02:52 PM
-
By Dan_Netwalker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-23-2003, 01:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95

Magitronic AT-I/O 8-Bit ISA Parallel Serial Game Port Card XT AT PC Vintage PC
$46.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s
$135.65