Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problem with remasterisation

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1

    Problem with remasterisation

    all proccess are running correctly but when i try create iso with this commande

    mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda3/knx/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda2/knx/master

    I have this responce
    Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master
    Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master/KNOPPIX
    Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master/KNOPPIX/images
    Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master/boot
    Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master/boot/isolinux
    mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot catalog directory 'cdrom/boot/isolinux'!


    and i trying with this commande:

    mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -b KNOPPIX/boot.img -c KNOPPIX/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda3/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda2/knx/master

    Responce is this :

    mkisofs 2.01-unofficial-iconv (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
    Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master
    Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master/KNOPPIX
    Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master/KNOPPIX/images
    Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master/boot
    Scanning /mnt/hda2/knx/master/boot/isolinux
    Writing: Initial Padblock Start Block 0
    Done with: Initial Padblock Block(s) 16
    Writing: Primary Volume Descriptor Start Block 16
    Done with: Primary Volume Descriptor Block(s) 1
    Writing: Eltorito Volume Descriptor Start Block 17
    mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot image 'KNOPPIX/boot.img' !


    Please help me

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    57
    I dunno to be honest, but just as a guess. check that compressed file system was created. it was done with create_compressed_fs or something like this command i think it must be located in master/Knoppix directory.
    also there is another way to remaster using menu based scripts it was described by UnderScore few posts below in this forum.

    Nikolay

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brasilia/Brazil
    Posts
    31
    As far as I could catch from your post you're remastering from a cd boot environment, is that correct? If so, before running the mkisofs command, try to go to the master folder (cd /mnt/hda2/knx/master) and run again the mkisofs command exactly as it was posted. I really don't know how to explain why this happens but I faced this same kind of trouble in the past (when I still used to remaster from a chrooted environment) and solved it this way. And by the error messages you posted I believe the first method of using the mkisofs command is the correct one for your distro.
    Cheers.

Similar Threads

  1. Aprés remasterisation, plus d'accés à root
    By daaniel in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2005, 09:14 AM
  2. remasterisation create image
    By compuhelp in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-16-2004, 11:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Cray-1 UNIVAC 1103 Apple 1 CDC 6600 IBM SAGE picture

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Cray-1 UNIVAC 1103 Apple 1 CDC 6600 IBM SAGE

$65.00



S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco picture

S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco

$89.99



S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



Computer History UNIVAC IBM 650 Apple 1 Macintosh DEC PDP-8 Altair 8800 Babbage picture

Computer History UNIVAC IBM 650 Apple 1 Macintosh DEC PDP-8 Altair 8800 Babbage

$38.00



S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer picture

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer

$2550.00



Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair

$69.99



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00