I'm using knoppix 3.8.1 and was told that i could edit this file when ver. 3.8.1 with unionfs came. Now it's here and I'm trying to find out how to do this. I have a edited version of mkdesktophdicons that puts the icons in a folder instead of on the desktop. My question now is how to move this file to /usr/bin so it replaces the original (or edit the original with the changes).
I'm booting from a usb2 hdd with knoppix 3.8.1 tohd installed on /dev/sda1 and home on /dev/sda2
As you probably can tell by now I'm quite new at linux/knopppix but trying to learn as much as possible.
/W

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00
Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller
$68.99