-
[SOLVED] keyboard and touchpad do not work on Dell9300
Hi, I'm trying to run knoppix 3.8.1 on Dell 9300 laptop. Keyboard allows me to hit enter to start boot up, but will not work when it boots into the gui. Keyboard works fine on kubuntu, mepis, pclos, knoppix 3.6 etc etc etc. Please help as I love the 'new' look of knoppix.
ps Have tried lang=us (but the problem occurs after this screen, it is definately a detection problem)
Edit: I should have just looked at 1 more google page (after looking at numerous) before I posted. All I had to do was - at boot: knoppix acpi=off. All is now good.
Hope this helps someone else
Many thanks
wanger
Similar Threads
-
By RonB in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-18-2010, 12:02 AM
-
By crumb in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-21-2005, 01:01 AM
-
By Whatsup! in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 07:01 AM
-
By clubalien.com in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-18-2003, 12:52 AM
-
By lost in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-11-2003, 07:33 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00