Opps, the HD installs DO work, I just forgot to set the partion active![]()
In v3.8.1 and 3.8 knoppix-installer v0.3-14 completes successfully, but on reboot I get "Hard disk boot sector invalid". Even tried making it use grub and get the same result.![]()
Opps, the HD installs DO work, I just forgot to set the partion active![]()
Is Knoppix the only operating system on your hard drive? 'Cuz flagging a partition as active shouldn't be important to LILO or GrUB.
-- Ed
Here's my configuration:
The ext3 partition had to be flagged active or "Hard disk boot sector invalid" would hang me up every time. Maybe it has something to do with the antiquated BIOS on this old gateway solo 1200 laptop. In fact the touchpad stopped working w/kernel 2.6.11 unless I tacked on these cheatcodes: acpi=off and psmouse.proto=impsCode:Using /dev/hda (parted) print Disk geometry for /dev/hda: 0.000-28615.781 megabytes Disk label type: msdos Minor Start End Type Filesystem Flags 1 0.031 27988.242 primary ext3 boot 2 27988.242 28615.781 primary linux-swap
While trying to iron out these probs I discovered
KANOTIX which I liked just that much better for my HD install since its installer walks you through creating a default user account, sets root pass. Nice GUI login screen, uses KDE 3.4 yum!, etc...
That's OK! Kanotix is based on Knoppix, after all, and many people here prefer it (mainly for HD installs). Hell, if I can't sort out the issues I'm having with mencoder at the moment, I'll install it myself!Twisted Evil While trying to iron out these probs I discovered Arrow KANOTIX which I liked just that much better for my HD install since its installer walks you through creating a default user account, sets root pass. Nice GUI login screen, uses KDE 3.4 yum!, etc...![]()

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC
$27.99
CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99