There is none. Use Smart Boot Manager. This seems to be one of those questions that is asked in the forums every day. You might have saved yourself some time by just reading through recent posts rather than posting and waiting for a response.
Hi,
has anyone got the "boot.img" from the Knoppix 3.8.1 CD? I can't find it on my CD. I tried the mkbootfloppy.sh from ibiblio.org, but it didn't work. It says that there is no Knoppix CD in the drive. Can anyone send it to me by e-mail or tell me a download location? My email address: [email protected]
Thanks, s-m-n
There is none. Use Smart Boot Manager. This seems to be one of those questions that is asked in the forums every day. You might have saved yourself some time by just reading through recent posts rather than posting and waiting for a response.
Hi,
thank you very much! SBM is great! But I wonder why WinME can't read the disk created with sbminst.
thanks again! s-m-n
The floppy disk created by sbminst has the sbm program in the MBR position of the floppy. But that's not to say it's a FAT partitioned diskette. So there's no reason to expect WinME to make much sense of it.Originally Posted by s-m-n
Actually, if you wanted, I expect that you could format a bootable floppy, add a FAT partition, and then install SBM on it. Unless the SBM installer refused to install then you should be able to use the floppy to boot into SBM and Windows would still be able to see the FAT partition, although I can't think of any good reason to do this. You might even be able to pull it off with a floppy that wasn't set up to be bootable, but I do have doubts on that, not sure if such a floppy overwrites the MBR or not. Do understand that in any case Windows isn't going to see the magic part of SBM, the little loader that lives in sector zero (AKA the MBR).
Hi,
I wanted to make an image of the floppy, but actually it doesn't make sense. I have another question about Knoppix, because it refuses to write files onto my Fat32 formatted hard disk. I posted a new topic about this question in the forum, but there are no replies yet. Can you help me, please?
Thanks, s-m-n

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$594.99
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
4x Various Brands 8.5" Mainframe 9-Track Reel Computer Data Tape 6250 CPI .5"
$24.99
Vintage UNIVAC Mainframe Circuit Board Lamp - Cyberpunk Tech Geek Industrial Art
$225.00
Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981
$199.99
Vintage - 1958 Philco TRANSAC S-2000 Mainframe Components
$350.00
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93
Adjustable Rolling Computer Cart, Mobile Standing Workstation, Mobile Cart
$211.28