Try adding xmodule=radeon to the cheatcode.Originally Posted by tamster121
Hello,
I'm completely new to Linux and tried Knoppix today. Everything seems to work fine except it does not set my video card correctly. When it boots up (during hardware detection), I can see that it correctly detects my video card as a Radeon 9000, and it looks like it correctly identified some legit resolutions. But when it goes into the desktop, the resolution is this funky non-standard (it's "tall" and "narrow") resolution at very low refresh rate.
I've tried the cheatcode:
Knoppix lang=us screen=1280x1024
and variations on the screen setting, but it has no effect. I'm thinking maybe it thinks my monitor can't handle the resolution (it can)? Does anybody have any suggestions about how to fix this?
BTW, I'm using KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-04-10-EN.iso.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Eric
Try adding xmodule=radeon to the cheatcode.Originally Posted by tamster121
Thanks! That worked like a charm.
Eric
Your welcome.
Just a quick question for you since you are using a Radeon, if you run a 3D game like tuxracer,can Knoppix still shut down, or does it hang?
I've got a Radeon 9000 and if I run a 3D game, *any* Linux Distro will not shutdown. Please try it and tell me if that happens to you too.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD
$199.95
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$239.99
CWVK X86-P2 Fanless Firewall Mini PC J4125 16GB RAM Dual Intel i226-V 2.5GbE
$184.99
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99
Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware
$89.99