-
Re: Minimum Knoppix?

Originally Posted by
mjoolnir
Hey everyone, I was wondering about what size knoppix would be if I removed all the non-essenials except the audio multimedia plugins(mp3, ogg codecs) I want to make a bootable stepmania CD and have 550mb-570mb of required files for stepmania, and was wondering if I could do this with just a GUI(maybe a web browser if there is space for troubleshooting) and what was stated above. Thanks -mjoolnir
It doesn't exist. Believe me, I was looking for such remaster for 2 months, every day.
Which is a pretty good idea.
Only english language, kde (or xfce (better and small)), no firefox (konqueror), and only kedit. I believe a very very light knoppix remaster with just the base of files for X client and minimum usage is the perfect start point for any other remasters.
Maybe we should try to do it, Im sure it could be helpful for more people
Similar Threads
-
By Will von Wizzlepig in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-27-2004, 11:07 PM
-
By Gromit in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-19-2004, 11:31 PM
-
By Dacicus in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 08:58 AM
-
By Steve F in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-12-2004, 10:52 PM
-
By hhlee in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-30-2004, 11:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Mellanox 655874-B21 655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678
$13.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$33.94

QSFP-40/100-SRBD Cisco 100G and 40GBASE SR-BiDi QSFP Transceiver
$125.00

LOT OF 5 StarTech GLCTST Gigabit RJ45 Copper SFP Transceiver Module
$52.50