Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Sony Vaio 1280x800 screen setup

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1

    Sony Vaio 1280x800 screen setup

    Well after trying everything I could find to change my screen resolution to the 'default' 1280x800 on my Sony Vaio PCG-K35 'widescreen' laptop, I finally did it!! I had searched the forum here and tried all the suggestions and cheatcodes and editing of my XF86Config-4 file. Nothing worked. Solution I finally found may not be a very technical way of doing this but, I downloaded and booted the laptop with the LiveCD version of the Mepis distro. The Mepis disto would boot with the correct screen size. I then copied the XF86Config-4 file created by the LiveCD Mepis boot to the /etc/X11 directory of my harddrive install of Knoppix, after renaming the exsisting Knoppix file of course. Vala, Knoppix is now running in the correct screen resolution.

    Hope this helps some of you.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    51
    that was also my fix, though I just copyied the device section to the EOF I've tryied to narrow down just what I would have to
    change to make it work but haven't got it down yet.

Similar Threads

  1. 1280x800 screen resolution: Not working correctly
    By creativename in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 02:28 AM
  2. Sony Vaio Screen Troubles
    By thelicioussmith in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 05:47 PM
  3. Sony Vaio VGN S150
    By tlewis in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 04:29 AM
  4. No sound in KDE with Sony Vaio PCG-818
    By knytphal in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 08:04 PM
  5. Knoppix on Sony Vaio
    By bigrobot in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2003, 12:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 10 GigE SFP Transceiver Module picture

Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 10 GigE SFP Transceiver Module

$5.00



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver

$20.70



5 x Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S 10GBASE SFP Module converter w/ Genuine Hologram 🔥New🔥 picture

5 x Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S 10GBASE SFP Module converter w/ Genuine Hologram 🔥New🔥

$174.99