-
boot only in command line - help
It happend that I ran an utility and it proposed me several options - working environments.
I chose one and restarted - now comp boots in command line only.
I was used only with KDE - coz I passed from XP to Linux - so KDE looked more familiar to me.
Now I don't know what to do to go back to KDE desktop - I see just a black screen with a command line and no ideea what to type in. I dont even remember what utility I ran - I'm new so I was just experimenting. The line says:
login:
password:
I introduced my root name and the pass.
Than I tried help and... nothing - I simply do not understand the help.
I was happy with KDE... and I don't want to go back to XP.
Can someone help me - it seems stupid, but I don't want to reinstall.
THX in advance.
My Knoppix is 3.8
Similar Threads
-
By vblazier in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-30-2009, 03:51 AM
-
By borgward in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-18-2009, 11:30 AM
-
By Mongoose in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-07-2006, 12:23 AM
-
By chaosnine in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-17-2005, 07:35 PM
-
By ExtremeHobo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 12:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$165.58

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95