Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Grub

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2

    Grub

    I'm doing the http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition method. I don't know how to setup my menu.lst file. I've tried numerous ways.

    title Knoppix 3.8.1 from NTFS sda1 ISO scan ramdisk=32MB
    kernel (hd,0)/boot/knoppix.381/linux ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off vga=791 nomce quiet bootfrom=/dev/hd0/boot/knoppix.381/*.iso config=scan home=scan ramdisk=32768 noprompt
    initrd (hd,0)/boot/knoppix.381/minirt_ntfs.gz
    boot

    It's those "(hd,0)" thingy. I've tried sda,0 and sda1,0 and sda,1

    Here's background.

    I have 2 physical hard drive.
    1- 36 gig sata
    2- 200gb sata

    Ignore my 36gig, going take out that soon. #2 is partioned into 4.

    1-windows xp
    2-files/dl
    3-files for download
    4-files for downloading

    Anyways. My C:\=one of the 36gig

    My Windows XP is I:\

    What should I put in my menu.lst? Plz help

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    57
    The 'root' you entered looks incorrect. Change
    Code:
    (hd,0)
    to
    Code:
    (hd0,0)

  3. #3
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674

    Re: Grub

    Quote Originally Posted by tenlientl
    I'm doing the http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition method. I don't know how to setup my menu.lst file. I've tried numerous ways. ... What should I put in my menu.lst? Plz help
    Do you get the grub prompt (grub is loaded properly from the ntlfr/boot.ini) ? if not you should work on your boot.ini file.
    If yes, use the autocompletion of the interactive mode to figure out what is the syntax to use. Try to type something like:
    "root (hd" + "the tab key" or
    "root (sd" + "the tab key"
    and grub will show you a list of options. You can enter all the commands of the menu.lst manually to boot...
    Good luck, Gilles

Similar Threads

  1. Grub and MBR
    By grandad in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 09:03 PM
  2. How to remove grub
    By Mic Q in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-04-2004, 07:31 PM
  3. How to use Grub
    By Neil Young & Crazy Ho in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-14-2004, 07:05 AM
  4. GRUB ... then nothing
    By dantay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-16-2004, 02:06 PM
  5. Getting rid of Grub
    By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2003, 04:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New picture

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New

$200.00



Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD  Module  10-2945-02  NEW CLAMSHELL picture

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL

$45.50



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50