Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Problems booting from ISO (graphics?)

  1. #1

    Problems booting from ISO (graphics?)

    Hello everyone, I'm kind of new to Linux and I'm trying to boot from a disc with the latest Knoppix ISO. On my first tries during the graphics card detection I got a black screen, so I ran with these params I found on this forum: "knoppix xmodule=fbder screen=1024x768 vsynch=60"

    Those stopped the black screen, but now it halts on the following error message:
    "Error: No suitable X-Server found for your card."

    I'm pretty sure this is a problem with my nVidia Geforce FX 5600.. any help is appreciated, thanks.

  2. #2
    Never mind, got it.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    264
    did you get it with a trick, or did it come good.....
    it helps others.... and u techies who can then quote you

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2
    I meet the same problem, but I only have a i815e Graphic Card
    I just got the same "Error: No suitable X-Server found for your card."
    I wander what I can do.
    I need help.


    PS. I am sorry for my poor English.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    9

    See earlier post

    If you look back a couple of weeks (search for the same title as this post) you'll find a discussion that offered several different approaches. In my case, I had to reburn the iso to CD , but then Knoppix started working properly.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    264
    the i815 chipset will work fine under the i810 settings.
    can't recall if i had a prob with the cd boot....
    it installed fine

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble booting with ATI Radeon 9250 (PCI graphics)
    By Ursa585 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 09:00 PM
  2. No graphics when booting (like dos)
    By mom2tatjana in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 07:15 AM
  3. Stuck (graphics problems as always)
    By Lengths in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 08:22 PM
  4. Trouble booting CD: No boot graphics, various I/O errors
    By Hobbieman in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2004, 05:58 PM
  5. graphics card problems (two different machines)
    By beefthief in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2003, 04:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends picture

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends

$149.00



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$594.99



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$224.72



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$225.61



4x Various Brands 8.5

4x Various Brands 8.5" Mainframe 9-Track Reel Computer Data Tape 6250 CPI .5"

$24.99



Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981 picture

Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981

$199.99



Vintage UNIVAC Mainframe Circuit Board Lamp - Cyberpunk Tech Geek Industrial Art picture

Vintage UNIVAC Mainframe Circuit Board Lamp - Cyberpunk Tech Geek Industrial Art

$225.00



Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500 B5000 picture

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500 B5000

$94.95



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



Adjustable Rolling Computer Cart, Mobile Standing Workstation, Mobile Cart picture

Adjustable Rolling Computer Cart, Mobile Standing Workstation, Mobile Cart

$211.28