-
Problems booting from ISO (graphics?)
Hello everyone, I'm kind of new to Linux and I'm trying to boot from a disc with the latest Knoppix ISO. On my first tries during the graphics card detection I got a black screen, so I ran with these params I found on this forum: "knoppix xmodule=fbder screen=1024x768 vsynch=60"
Those stopped the black screen, but now it halts on the following error message:
"Error: No suitable X-Server found for your card."
I'm pretty sure this is a problem with my nVidia Geforce FX 5600.. any help is appreciated, thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By Ursa585 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-24-2006, 09:00 PM
-
By mom2tatjana in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-01-2005, 07:15 AM
-
By Lengths in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-29-2004, 08:22 PM
-
By Hobbieman in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-23-2004, 05:58 PM
-
By beefthief in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-22-2003, 04:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$180.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Lot of 14 FS SFP-10GSR-85 Optical Transceiver Module
$124.98

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$34.94

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99