Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: e100 module always comes up in half duplex mode

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2

    e100 module always comes up in half duplex mode

    i can't figure out how to pass parameters to a module a boot time.
    the resaon i need to do this is that my e100 networking card is not coming at full speed and its really slow.

    The paremater i need to pass to the e100 boot module is:
    e100_speed_duplex=4

    http://www.intel.com/support/network...linux/e100.htm


    I tried to rmmod my the e100 module and reload it with this pararmeter, but I couldn't reload it. I kept saying the that device or module was in use.

    Can anyone help me figure out how to pass this parameter so that I can use my nic card at full speed?

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: e100 module always comes up in half duplex mode

    Quote Originally Posted by userwaldo
    i can't figure out how to pass parameters to a module a boot time.
    the resaon i need to do this is that my e100 networking card is not coming at full speed and its really slow.

    The paremater i need to pass to the e100 boot module is:
    e100_speed_duplex=4

    http://www.intel.com/support/network...linux/e100.htm


    I tried to rmmod my the e100 module and reload it with this pararmeter, but I couldn't reload it. I kept saying the that device or module was in use.

    Can anyone help me figure out how to pass this parameter so that I can use my nic card at full speed?
    Why do you believe that the card is working in half duplex? Frankly, unless you are transfering large files in both directions at the same time, I doubt very much if you could spot the difference between a card working in half duplex and full duplex. One more likely problem might be the card negoiating 10x rather than 100x speed. But the most likely problem of all is that you are using it to connect to a Microsoft system. You do know that Microsoft deliberately talks slower to a Linux system just to screw with you dodn't you? (at least this is what I hear from people at Cisco). You might want to see how well Knoppix talks to things other than Microsoft before you judge that you have a problem at all.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323

    Re: e100 module always comes up in half duplex mode

    [OT]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
    You do know that Microsoft deliberately talks slower to a Linux system just to screw with you dodn't you? (at least this is what I hear from people at Cisco).
    Really? Hmm, seemed quite snappy when I just tried it. Normal browsing only though. Still, I wonder if Opera ever made the swedish cook version for linux?

Similar Threads

  1. e100 module always comes up in half duplex mode
    By userwaldo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 06:06 PM
  2. Knoppix and D-Link DUB-E100
    By HeyU in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2005, 06:13 PM
  3. Half duplex on my ethernet card
    By turbine in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 07:53 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2003, 02:18 AM
  5. eepro100.o e100.o network module (intel network cards)
    By david in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2003, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC  picture

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC

$750.00



HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD picture

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD

$249.99



HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM

$289.99



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro Super Server 1029U-TN10RT Dual Xeon Silver 4210 - 10-Bay NVMe Rack picture

Supermicro Super Server 1029U-TN10RT Dual Xeon Silver 4210 - 10-Bay NVMe Rack

$500.00



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X picture

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X

$200.00



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$689.00



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00



ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T/BCM Server Motherboard For Parts/Repair picture

ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T/BCM Server Motherboard For Parts/Repair

$365.00