-
How I got my sound card to work
This is for Knoppix 3.8.1 run from the CD. I searched the forums for an answer to this question, and being new to Linux most of the answers were over my head. But after rooting around I found a solution that I hadn't seen yet. In the menu, under system, go to Admin--alsaconf and run it. It configured the card and I had sound! That was all there was to it. I have'nt rebooted from the CD yet, but I've saved the config to my hard drive, so I hope this configuration will stick. The only drawback was no MIDI but I don't expect to need it. The computer is a Dell Inspiron 9100. Hope this will help someone. Good luck.
Similar Threads
-
By Jonny_S in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-22-2006, 05:38 PM
-
By AngelFch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-09-2005, 07:53 PM
-
By raparadis in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 05-16-2005, 11:27 PM
-
By Iost in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-26-2004, 02:47 AM
-
By Battousai in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00