Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: My 1GB usb flash drive has become 750MB?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1

    My 1GB usb flash drive has become 750MB?

    I am a new linux user and I used usb flash a couple of times with it but I didnt unmount it so it acted strangely in winxp like when I open it, it closes...so I formatted it in win and now the total capacity is 750MB. What happened?
    Is there a way to make it 1GB again?
    If there is please explain step by step because I am completely new linux user

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674

    Re: My 1GB usb flash drive has become 750MB?

    Quote Originally Posted by sasam
    I am a new linux user and I used usb flash a couple of times with it but I didnt unmount it so it acted strangely in winxp like when I open it, it closes...so I formatted it in win and now the total capacity is 750MB. What happened?
    Is there a way to make it 1GB again?
    If there is please explain step by step because I am completely new linux user
    From XP, use the HPUSBFW.EXE program included in the Root_Of_USB directory of http://s119307663.onlinehome.us/grube.zip
    It will reformat your USB dongle properly and also make it bootable... for knoppix if you want to...
    (Most USB flash dongle have a special disk geometry that cannot be formatted using the Microsoft format tool)
    Best Regards,
    Gilles

Similar Threads

  1. USB Flash Drive
    By allanz in forum Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 05:20 AM
  2. Copy file from hard drive to usb flash drive
    By PaulKraemer in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2006, 04:49 PM
  3. Permanent home onto Sandisk USB flash drive ruined drive
    By mjman in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 09:46 PM
  4. 750Mb ISO's won't fit on CD... HELP!
    By Pierscoe1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-16-2003, 05:18 PM
  5. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-29-2003, 09:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km picture

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km

$15.99



Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU picture

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU

$7.95



Dell PowerEdge 2950 EMS01 2U Server 6x 146GB 15K SAS PERC 5/i Dual PSU Xeon picture

Dell PowerEdge 2950 EMS01 2U Server 6x 146GB 15K SAS PERC 5/i Dual PSU Xeon

$200.00



Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600  Win 10 picture

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10

$109.99