I have used v3.4 since it was available and had never been able to get the sound working - then I came across a post on this forum which listed the following:
From root
insmod soundcore
insmod sound
insmod mpu401
insmod ad1848 iox530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0
insmod opl3 io=0x388
Low and behold the sound works - albiet at a low level and I can't seem to find any way of upping the volume within Linux.
So with renewed interest last night I downloaded version 3.8 and gave it a try
I have not had any "error" messages with v3.4, but as v3.8 boots I get PCI: cannot allocate resource region4 of device 0000:00:05:1
The Computer boots as normal
when I try to enter insmod soundcore I get the following message:
insmod: can't read "soundcore" - no such file or directory
Has this been removed on the later release, or just moved - and if it's the latter how do I get to it from the shell ?, if it's the former does this mean no sound at all.
I could stick with v3.4 but my next years project is to get a wireless network card to work

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95
Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95
IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00
Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s
$135.65