-
hdc partition problem
Hi,
I'm making progress with the Knoppix 3.8.1 installation. I can now
see my systemless hdd on the KDE desktop and a few files left behind
when the disk was wiped.
The 4 Gig hdd shows up as three partitions: hda1, hda5 and hda6. I've
made them writable.
I run knoppix-installer from the console and it tells me the hard disk
is unprepared, and would I like it to partition the disk. I tell it OK,
and up comes:
Warning: Unable to open /UNIONFS/dev/hdc/ read-write (Read-only
file system).
/UNIONFS/dev/hdc has been opened read only.
At the same time, QTParted is launched. It detects my hda partitions and
how much space they contain. It also gives a report on the hdc partition (686 MB).
So...where do I find hdc? Once I've made it writable, will the installer
be able to continue?
Thanks for your advice!
--Bill
Similar Threads
-
By satimis in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-17-2006, 03:31 AM
-
By lgarcia3 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-16-2005, 01:07 PM
-
By jock in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-15-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By OvA in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-22-2004, 01:03 PM
-
By IBS in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 08:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00