-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
cluedout
I have tried multiple computers and burning at an extremely slow speed. I have also done the knoppix testcd and everything is ok on that.
So the knoppix testcd works, which means that you can boot Knoppix at least into text mode. Is that correct?

Originally Posted by
cluedout
When I tried useing smb I got the message smbk bad!
Do you really mean SMB (aka Samba) or do you mean SBM (Smart Boot Manager)?

Originally Posted by
cluedout
I get the same blinking Hyphen or Underscore and it then skips to boot up windows xp. Some other background if it helps is that I CAN boot the install/recovery console for Windows XP but I never see the Boot screen for knoppix on this one computer.
If you can't see the boot screen, how are you able to run 'testcd'?
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/
Similar Threads
-
By pau1knopp in forum General Support
Replies: 42
Last Post: 03-08-2005, 09:26 AM
-
By Mustang64 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-23-2004, 04:53 AM
-
By keava in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 05:24 PM
-
By outlaw in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-04-2003, 10:37 PM
-
By Guest in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-23-2002, 08:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

PfSense/OPNsense 14x1Gb, 8-Core, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD, AES-NI, QAT (Lanner FW-7573)
$149.00

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$199.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99

Unfi Security Gateway Pro
$170.00