I am using Knoppix 3.8.2 and having problems maximising my 6600gt's potential. I got the nvidia-glx package doesn't work too.
I am using Knoppix 3.8.2 and having problems maximising my 6600gt's potential. I got the nvidia-glx package doesn't work too.
Hmmm, maybe I'm wrong but there doesn't seem to be an nvidia install how-to for the latest knoppix (3.8.X)
You could use the ubuntu how-to http://ubuntuguide.org/#installnvidiadriver it's also a debain-based distro.
I don't know what the results will be, but using apt-get most of it should be ok. You might need to pick a different
editor ( when you get to that point ) because ubuntu runs gnome instead of kde.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...947&highlight=
These are the steps I took to get the nvidia drivers installed. Please post any questions or suggestions you have. If this technique seems to be affective for others, maybe it should be made into some kind of FAQ or sticky, as enough people seem to have nvidia cards, and its a complicated enough procedure to warrant specific documentation.
Ill look into adding it to the Wiki, but I'd like to hear some feedback from others first.
Good luck.

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver
$4.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S Reset & Tested Lot of 2
$32.99