-
Install Knoppix on USB thumb drive
I am thinking about buying a 1 Gig USB flash drive for Knoppix. My motherboard bios does offer the option of
booting to USB. I am wondering how I would install the Knoppix distro to the flash drive.
Can I just copy the files from the live Knoppix CD to the USB drive or do I have to do something else?
I have been using the Knoppix Live CD with a 128 meg USB flash drive for a development project and I am
getting tried of having to configure the file system every time I boot up and I would be able to save my files
directly to the distro if I moved Knoppix on a flash drive.
Any and all help is appreciated.
- - Wild
Similar Threads
-
By Brudus in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-18-2007, 05:10 PM
-
By slush in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-16-2006, 01:46 AM
-
By twr50 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-18-2005, 05:06 AM
-
By MaldiGola in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-05-2004, 03:51 PM
-
By jbreiden in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-31-2004, 01:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$729.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00