-
Lockup problem on my VPR Matrix 185A5 Laoptop
Forgive me but I'm a linux newbie :-) Anyways, I'm trying to load knoppix on my laptop but it locks up when it tries to detect my "IBM high Rate Wireless Lan" PCMCIA card. If I don't have the card inserted while it boots, it boots perfectly. But when I insert the card back in when it finish booting, it beeps once and locks up again. Is it something with the card or the PCMCIA slot? The card is also aka orinoco silver card if that information helps. thanks
Update--
Okay funny thing, the pcmcia card works fine if I set the bios setting for Plug and play OS to yes. I had disable it before because my sound card wouldn't work with it set to yes. So I have a choice of either surfing the web without sound or listening to mp3 without network access. Eh, I can live with this.
Similar Threads
-
By tl1moss in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 08:17 PM
-
By MrLockwood in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-20-2003, 04:33 AM
-
By MrLockwood in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-11-2003, 07:03 PM
-
By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM
-
By adamm in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-10-2002, 06:44 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

Cisco SFP-10G-SR Transceiver Module
$25.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99