-
Free Space Help
Hey guys, when I first installed Knoppix to my hdd I didnt even bother to see how big the drive was, so I simply used the suggested sizes for the install:
3-4gigs Main Space
400mb - 600mb for SWAP drive.
Well now that I just relized when I looked at my drive specs (right clicked HDA2 and went to properties)
it says :
Free disk space: 2.5 GB out of 4.8 GB (49% used)
So I questioned this and then had to check for myself. I went into root console using (Ctrl + Alt + F2) and went into
cfdisk. And sure enough, theres 4.8 gigs of free space just sitting there between HDA2 and my swap partition.
Well I took it into my own hands to try to maximize the primary partition and sure enough that messed up. Restarted and wouldnt boot back into knoppix. I fixed that though by loading the live cd, going back into cfdisk and removing the maximize flag on the primary partition.
Well, what I want to know is:
Is there a way to take the free space that I have, and add it to the primary partition without having to reinstall, or loose any files? I dont want to just make another partition and have it as a storage area. I actually need the space on the same drive because of a server I host and Im starting to run out of space (Yes I know not even at 50% yet, but its growing fast).
Thanks in advance for the help.
Similar Threads
-
By CannibalSmith in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-22-2006, 01:32 PM
-
By pluto in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-30-2006, 01:09 PM
-
By hroush in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-12-2005, 02:10 PM
-
By stukennedyuk in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-07-2004, 12:53 AM
-
By Skidmark in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-06-2003, 06:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Genuine Samsung K406S Black Toner Cartridge - New and Sealed Box
$35.99

WiFi Only Samsung Galaxy Tab A9 Plus 11.0" 128GB Black SM-X210
$139.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95