Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: A thinkpad question and a wireless question

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3

    A thinkpad question and a wireless question

    Is there a way to get knoppix to mimic the wheelmouse function of the middle button on an IBM thinkpad (ie. press the button and it lets you scroll)

    Also, my laptop has two wireless cards in it, one built in and the other is pcmcia. Knoppic recognizes the built in one just fine but not the pcmcia one. The pcmcia one is a Belkin F5D8010, after looking around a bit I couldn't find any linux drivers for it but I thought I would ask here to see if it was possible to use it.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    67
    Which Thinkpad do you use? I've got a R31 and can't get the Prism 2.5 wireless (internal) to function in Kanotix/Knoppix. I tried ndiswrapper with no joy so far

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3
    I also have the R31, the internal wireless card works just fine in knoppix.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    67
    What drivers did you try? I'm having a hell of a time finding the drivers on the ibm site. All I can find is drivers
    for mini pci cards...

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3
    Sorry it took me so long to reply to this. I didn't have to try anything special for the internal wireless card, knoppix detected it automatically. In fact the only minor problem I've had so far is when I did an HDD install for some reason it thinks there isn't a sound card, but pretty much all the applications will play sound just fine. And I didn't do anything to get it to play sound, it just does...

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by loup
    Sorry it took me so long to reply to this. I didn't have to try anything special for the internal wireless card, knoppix detected it automatically. In fact the only minor problem I've had so far is when I did an HDD install for some reason it thinks there isn't a sound card, but pretty much all the applications will play sound just fine. And I didn't do anything to get it to play sound, it just does...
    All the Belkin cards I've worked with require you to wrap the windows driver with ndiswrapper. I am not sure about the sound card thing... have you tried booting without the PCMCIA card in? I had a problem a while ago where the boot sequence somehow thought that my PCMCIA WiFi card was the sound card and tried to route all sound through there. Once you're into the GUI, and everything is loaded up, then you can put in the card and it should pick up without problems.

Similar Threads

  1. Wireless Noob Question
    By mimi in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2005, 05:16 PM
  2. Wireless Card Not Detected and Hard Drive Question
    By StevoB in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2005, 12:05 PM
  3. newbi with simple wireless question
    By cindy in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-07-2005, 09:42 PM
  4. External USB Linksys Wireless-B Network adapter question
    By cdgeorge in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 12:32 AM
  5. Question about Knoppix and Kanguru Wireless
    By andymadigan in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2003, 09:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver

$30.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC picture

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC

$27.99



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99



Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C 020NJD Dual-Port 25GbE SFP28 NIC Low Profile picture

Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C 020NJD Dual-Port 25GbE SFP28 NIC Low Profile

$35.00