Which Thinkpad do you use? I've got a R31 and can't get the Prism 2.5 wireless (internal) to function in Kanotix/Knoppix. I tried ndiswrapper with no joy so far![]()
Is there a way to get knoppix to mimic the wheelmouse function of the middle button on an IBM thinkpad (ie. press the button and it lets you scroll)
Also, my laptop has two wireless cards in it, one built in and the other is pcmcia. Knoppic recognizes the built in one just fine but not the pcmcia one. The pcmcia one is a Belkin F5D8010, after looking around a bit I couldn't find any linux drivers for it but I thought I would ask here to see if it was possible to use it.
Which Thinkpad do you use? I've got a R31 and can't get the Prism 2.5 wireless (internal) to function in Kanotix/Knoppix. I tried ndiswrapper with no joy so far![]()
I also have the R31, the internal wireless card works just fine in knoppix.
What drivers did you try? I'm having a hell of a time finding the drivers on the ibm site. All I can find is drivers
for mini pci cards...
Sorry it took me so long to reply to this. I didn't have to try anything special for the internal wireless card, knoppix detected it automatically. In fact the only minor problem I've had so far is when I did an HDD install for some reason it thinks there isn't a sound card, but pretty much all the applications will play sound just fine. And I didn't do anything to get it to play sound, it just does...
All the Belkin cards I've worked with require you to wrap the windows driver with ndiswrapper. I am not sure about the sound card thing... have you tried booting without the PCMCIA card in? I had a problem a while ago where the boot sequence somehow thought that my PCMCIA WiFi card was the sound card and tried to route all sound through there. Once you're into the GUI, and everything is loaded up, then you can put in the card and it should pick up without problems.Originally Posted by loup

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC
$27.99
Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99
SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code
$108.09