-
Senior Member
registered user
Succesfull reinstall, but already borked...
Just got my Linux install working again. Moved my /home to another partition and hdinstalled Knoppix3.2-april-15. But it's already borked now after two reboots. I've some very wierd problem, at least ls is foobar-ed ("bash: /bin/ls: unknown file or directory
"). And I, nor root, can graphicly login.
I suspect it's because of apt-get downloading from linuxppc.org, PPC is not intel... But I'm not sure if they don't also host the i386 debs. How can you check a linux binary for processor type?
Anybody?
-
sources List ?
Hi there,
have you checked /etc/apt/sources.list - it should show wether or not you download from the ppc repository. as far as i know the different repositories are seperate so if you change the sources.list file accordingly ...
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Succesfull reinstall, but already borked...

Originally Posted by
Henk Poley
I suspect it's because of apt-get downloading from linuxppc.org, PPC is not intel... But I'm not sure if they don't also host the i386 debs. How can you check a linux binary for processor type?
Anybody?
It usually has an i386, i586, etc.. in the package name. I installed the same version (04-15) yesterday and have had no problems so far although X takes at least a minute to load. I just checked the line in the sources.list and it gets the packages from /sid/i386.
Similar Threads
-
By jackiechen858 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-26-2004, 04:16 PM
-
By Paradox in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 09:51 AM
-
By bro in forum General Support
Replies: 16
Last Post: 12-11-2003, 09:03 PM
-
By dobell in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 01:55 PM
-
By LukeGraham in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-03-2003, 09:38 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00