I'm no expert, but have you tried:
a. open a shell and type: mc -or-
b. open a shell and type: locate mc
either of these should answer your question. I'm running Kanotix 2005-1 (a Knoppix derivative) which comes with MidnightCommander installed.
Hi,
can we instal or do we have already midnight commander in knoppix?I have downloaded mc-4.6.o.tar and want to know how can I instal it.
Any expert opionions please.
Thanks
lapel
I'm no expert, but have you tried:
a. open a shell and type: mc -or-
b. open a shell and type: locate mc
either of these should answer your question. I'm running Kanotix 2005-1 (a Knoppix derivative) which comes with MidnightCommander installed.
Midnight Commander is installed, try run a shell like bigkahuna says and type mcOriginally Posted by lapel
btw mc very easy and friendly for a quick connect to an ftp
Thanks,found it and trying to learn what to do with it![]()

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
CWVK X86-P2 Fanless Firewall Mini PC J4125 16GB RAM Dual Intel i226-V 2.5GbE
$184.99
Netgate 2100 pfSense Plus Firewall Router, 4-Port Gigabit Switch, with Adapter
$179.00
HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD
$199.95
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$199.99
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99
Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware
$89.99