-
A few questions.
I just got the latest version of Knoppix (v. 3.9) and I am running it on my laptop (Compaq Presario 2100 AMD Athlon XP). It works fine and it recognizes almost all of my hardware save for the built-in wireless adapter. I am interested in using it to retreive some data from my hard drive since Windows XP (Home Edition SP2 in this case) is acting up and refusing to boot. When I click on the icon for my hard disk partition on the desktop, it displays an error saying this message:
Could not mount device.
The reported error was:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda1
missing codepage or other error
In some cases useful info is found in syslog- try dmesg | tail or so
I am hoping that this is not a sign of physical damage to the hard drive, but on the other hand I have no idea what it means and I do not know how to get to the syslog (system log I'm assuming).
I would really like to figure out how to get access to my hard drive (if it is still possible) or how to configure the built-in network card to access the internet. Any help would be very appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By Topless Granny in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-17-2010, 10:42 AM
-
By NitroSpazzz in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-29-2005, 04:20 PM
-
By ichi in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-17-2004, 11:58 PM
-
By firebyrd10 in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 05:54 AM
-
By baldyeti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-24-2003, 03:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco
$89.99

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00