Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 2 questions

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    120

    2 questions

    I've got Knoppix 3.9 burned on a CD-RW. I took a quick search but found the info a little confusing. Here are my two questions:

    1) How do you set up a DSL connection? I tried using the software in Knoppix but I still can't connect.
    2) Could I store files on the CD-RW? If so how? Just store things to the UNIONFS folder?

    Thanks for you help.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    21
    Hi,

    I am also new to knoppix, so for the first question I cannot explain more but may be we have some script for setting up DSL connection in the knoppix menu..

    For the second question, it is not possible to write on CD, and you cannot save your work between the boots unless you make persistent home directory, for that also we have an option in the penguin (knoppix) menu.. for persistent home dicrectory you can also give your windows partition to save a file and nothing bad will happen to your windows partition.

    and you can boot with cheatcode

    :knoppix home=/mnt/(partition name in linux style like -- hda2 , hdb4 etc)

    to restore all your saved files and also settings.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Fort Worth,TX USA
    Posts
    2
    Hi,
    I recently purchased a Knoppix CD and I have used it on three
    of my machines (XP PRO). I have SBC Yahoo DSL and am using
    an 1000HW Modem/Gateway (2WIRE). On my computer interfaced
    directly to the DSL modem, I have to do nothing. When I boot to
    Knoppix and Konqurer comes up, I enter a url and I am there.
    I have a backroom computer that has an external USB wireless
    adapter on it and when I boot Knoppix, I again have to do nothing
    to access the internet.
    So, I am not sure what your problem is but just wanted you to hear
    from another Knoppix/DSL user
    Lannie

  4. #4

Similar Threads

  1. I have questions about my USB.
    By Topless Granny in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 10:42 AM
  2. Some Questions
    By NitroSpazzz in forum Laptops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 04:20 PM
  3. A few questions.
    By SNK88 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 08:24 PM
  4. I have some questions
    By ichi in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 11:58 PM
  5. X questions
    By firebyrd10 in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 05:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New picture

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New

$200.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99